Common Benefit Identification Card (CBIC) Request for Proposals
- Issue Date:
1/10/2012, updated 3/7/2012
- Update 3/7/2012
The official response to the follow-up RFP questions are posted in the Attachments below.
- Update 2/23/2012
- Update 2/16/2012
The post date for the Official Answers to Written Questions has been amended to February 23, 2012 as reflected in the updated Procurement Timetable (Timelines/Application Submission Information) section below.
The purpose of this RFP titled "Common Benefit Identification Card (CBIC) Request for Proposal" is to secure the services of a vendor to provide the services and functions for the production of CBIC cards. The CBIC is the plastic card with magnetic stripe through which eligible clients access Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance, and Medicaid benefits. The services provided by the selected contractor will support the production and distribution of mailed CBIC cards statewide, produce and distribute same day over-the-counter (OTC) cards at two sites in New York City, and provide and distribute “vault cards” and “disaster cards” to social services districts statewide, including New York City.
Please note that OTDA previously issued an RFP in June 2010 for the production of CBIC cards, which was subsequently withdrawn in May 2011. The services being sought through the current RFP are substantially the same as the previous RFP, with the exception of responsibility for securing and managing two sites in New York City for the production and distribution of over-the-counter CBIC cards. The selected vendor will provide staff and equipment for the production and distribution of CBIC cards at the OTC sites in New York City, but will not be responsible for the acquisition of real estate and overall management of those facilities.
Offerors are encouraged to examine RFP Appendix Z, "Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Participation Requirements for All NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance Contracts and Grants".
For this procurement, goals have been set as follows:
- MINORITY OWNED BUSINESS PARTICIPATION - 10%
- WOMEN OWNED BUSINESS PARTICIPATION - 10%
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PARTICIPATION - 10 to 20%
Offerors must submit a description of how the Offeror proposes to identify and utilize M/WBE's with which it may subcontract or from which it may obtain supplies (and or equipment, commodities, etc.) for this offering as well as the dollar amount, if known, of any such subcontract or purchase.
An Offeror's failure to submit the Appendix H EEO and MWBE forms and may result in the rejection of the Offeror's bid or proposal. Bidders whose proposals fail to meet the Appendix Z subcontracting goals as evidenced on Appendix H-3 are advised to submit an Appendix H-4 waiver request. Refer to Appendix Z for additional information.
- Questions regarding this RFP:
Under the Procurement Lobbying Act, all communications regarding this procurement are to be submitted via electronic mail to the designated contacts identified herein. Information on the Procurement Lobbying Act is available at: http://www.ogs.ny.gov/aboutOgs/regulations/defaultAdvisoryCouncil.html
From the release of the RFP until final determination is announced, all contacts and questions relating to this procurement must be made via email to the primary point of contact. Each question must cite the specific RFP section and paragraph number to which it refers. All questions must be submitted in the format as described in the RFP.
- The Primary Point of Contact for this procurement is:
Mr. Eric Fish
New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
67 North Pearl Street, 2nd Floor
Albany, New York 12243
- Timelines/Application Submission Information:
- Release of RFP - January 10, 2012
- Letters of Intent - February 6, 2012
- Closing Date for Submission of Written Questions - February 6, 2012
- Official Answers to Written Questions Posted - February 23, 2012
- Closing Date for Receipt of Proposals - Noon – March 19, 2012
- Proposal Evaluation
- Oral Presentations/Interviews - April 16 – April 20, 2012
- Pre-Award Benchmark Requirement (Select vendor(s) based on criteria defined in Section 5.4) - May 7 – May 28, 2012
- Contract Award Announcement - September 14, 2012
- Estimated Control Agency Approvals - December 17, 2012
- Contract Start Date - December 18, 2012
- Satisfactorily Complete Acceptance Test - March 15, 2013
- Production Transition to New Vendor - April 8, 2013
Please note that OTDA has elected not to conduct a Pre-Bid Conference.
These dates are target dates and are subject to change at OTDA’s sole discretion.
- Submit Proposals To:
Jim Herrick, Financial Chair
New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
Bureau of Contract Management
40 North Pearl Street, 13th Floor
Albany, New York 12243
- Contract Duration:
The Contract term is for five (5) years, plus the implementation period. Up to two extensions of up to 12 months each may be required at the sole discretion of the OTDA.
The Contractor must provide a primary mailed card production facility and a back-up site facility at locations within the continental United States. OTC card issuance will occur at two NYC locations acquired by and operated by the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA), one in Manhattan and one in Brooklyn.
- CBIC RFP Document
- CBIC RFP Amendments added 2/23/2012
- CBIC RFP Questions and Answers Matrix added 2/23/2012
- CBIC RFP Subsequent Questions and Answers added 3/7/2012
- Appendix A - Standard Terms and Conditions updated 2/23/2012
- Appendix B.1 - Standard Proposal Response Forms PDF
- Appendix B.1 - Standard Proposal Response Forms DOC
- Appendix B.2 - Selected Contractor Forms PDF
- Appendix B.2 - Selected Contractor Forms DOC
- Appendix B.2.1 - ST-220-CA PDF
- Appendix B.2.1 - ST-220-CA DOC
- Appendix B.2.2 - ST-220-TD PDF
- Appendix B.2.2 - ST-220-TD DOC
- Appendix C - Project Team Resource Chart PDF
- Appendix C - Project Team Resource Chart DOC
- Appendix D - Offeror Information, Experience and Reference Form PDF
- Appendix D - Offeror Information, Experience and Reference Form DOC
- Appendix E - Key Personnel Experience and Reference Form PDF
- Appendix E - Key Personnel Experience and Reference Form DOC
- Appendix F - Letter of Intent to Accept Employment - Key Staff PDF
- Appendix F - Letter of Intent to Accept Employment - Key Staff DOC
- Appendix G - Cost Charts PDF
- Appendix G - Cost Charts DOC
- Appendix H - EEO Staffing Plan PDF
- Appendix H - EEO Staffing Plan DOC
- Appendix H-1 - MWBE-EEO Policy Statement PDF
- Appendix H-1 - MWBE-EEO Policy Statement DOC
- Appendix H-2 - MWBE Certification of Good Faith Efforts PDF
- Appendix H-2 - MWBE Certification of Good Faith Efforts DOC
- Appendix H-3 - MWBE Subcontractor Utilization Form PDF
- Appendix H-3 - MWBE Subcontractor Utilization Form DOC
- Appendix H-4 - MWBE Subcontractor Request for Waiver PDF
- Appendix H-4 - MWBE Subcontractor Request for Waiver DOC
- Appendix H-5 - MWBE Quarterly Compliance Report
- Appendix H-6 - EEO Workforce Utilization and Compliance Report PDF
- Appendix H-6 - EEO Workforce Utilization and Compliance Report DOC
- Appendix I - Template for Offeror Questions PDF
- Appendix I - Template for Offeror Questions DOC
- Appendix Z - EEO and MWBE Participation Requirements
- Exhibit 1 - CBIC Monthly Volume
- Exhibit 2 - Administrative System Return Address File
- Exhibit 3 - OTC Card Volume Information
- Exhibit 4 – April 2011 Total Cards Issued by Day
- Exhibit 5 - Images of Client CBIC, Authorized Representative CBIC, Vault Card
- Exhibit 6 - CBIC AFIS Interface Control Document
- Exhibit 7A - AR Card Carrier Back
- Exhibit 7B - AR Card Carrier Front
- Exhibit 7C - Client Card Carrier Front and Back updated 2/23/2012
- Exhibit 8 - Temporary Cards per LSSD per Month
- Exhibit 9 - Inbound and Outbound Layouts for Card Contractor
- Exhibit 10 - Upstate Vault Card and OTC Projections
- Exhibit 11 - Deliverables updated 2/23/2012
- Exhibit 12 - Returned Mail Volume
- Exhibit 13 - Daily Detail Photo Processing Report updated 2/23/2012
- Exhibit 14 - New York City Card Issuance
- Exhibit 15 – Record Transfer Error Codes
- Exhibit 16 – Card Mailing Schedule
- Exhibit 17 – ISO Standards
- Exhibit 18 – HRA OTC (Over the Counter) Card Production Sites added 2/23/2012
- Exhibit 19 – HRA Holiday Schedule added 2/23/2012
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.
This page contains links to Word documents. Download Word Viewer to view these documents.