Homeless Housing and Assistance Program RFP
- Issue Date:
- 6/6/17, updated 10/05/2017 (Suspension Notice)
The Homeless Housing and Assistance Corporation (HHAC) and the New York State (NYS) Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) invite applicants to apply for funding under the Homeless Housing and Assistance Program (HHAP). The Homeless Housing and Assistance Program, enacted by Chapter 61 of the Laws of 1983 and set out in Sections 41 through 44 of the Social Services Law, authorizes a program of State-funded grants or loans to acquire, construct or rehabilitate housing to expand the supply of housing for low income persons who are, or ould otherwise be, homeless. A homeless person is defined as an undomiciled person (whether alone or as a member of a family) who is unable to secure permanent and stable housing without special assistance, as determined by the Commissioner of OTDA. Not-for-profit corporations and their subsidiaries, charitable organizations, municipalities and public corporations are eligible to be funded.
The State Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 included an appropriation of $64 million, of which $5 million may be reserved for the development of projects serving homeless persons with HIV/AIDS. Additionally, up to $1 million may be used for emergency shelter repairs in local social service districts with a population of less than five million.
This RFP is an open-ended RFP, meaning proposals will be accepted for consideration on a continuous basis until it is determined funds are no longer available for award or this methodology no longer serves a purpose for HHAC. Funding will be made available and awards announced subject to an appropriation and the approval of the Commissioner of OTDA and the Homeless Housing and Assistance Corporation’s Board of Directors.
- 2017 HHAP RFP (PDF)
- 2017 HHAP RFP (DOC)
- 2017 HHAP Application
- 2017 Application Appendix A
- 2017 Application Appendix B
- 2017 HHAP Budgets
- 2017 HHAP Concept Paper Guidelines
- 2017 HHAP Regulations
- 2017 HHAP Sample Award Agreement
- 2017 HHAP Supplementary General Conditions
- 2017 HHAP Rider A
- 2017 HHAP Architect’s Rider A
- 2017 HHAP Architect’s Rider B
- 2017 HHAP Questions and Answers
- OTDA-4200-In Contract Performance SDVOB
- OTDA-4934-EEO Staffing Plan
- OTDA-4937-MWBE Utilization Plan
- OTDA-4938-Letter of Intent
- OTDA-4969-MWBE Waiver Request Form (If applicable)
- OTDA-4970-EEO Policy Statement
- OTDA-4976-MWBE Certification of Good Faith Efforts
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.