Apply for HEAP
The Regular Benefit of the 2012-13 HEAP season opened November 19, 2012 and will close Friday, March 15, 2013.
The Emergency Benefit Component of the 2012-13 HEAP season opened January 2, 2013 and will close Friday, March 15, 2013.
The Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement Component of the 2012-13 HEAP season closed February 1, 2013.
When the HEAP application acceptance period is open, you may apply online for a regular HEAP grant if you meet all of the following qualifications:
- You live in a participating county: Allegany, Broome, Chautauqua, Chenango, Clinton, Cortland, Franklin, Herkimer, Livingston, Montgomery, Rockland, Schoharie, St. Lawrence, Tioga, Tompkins, Warren or Washington
- You received a HEAP benefit in the 2011-2012 program
- You currently reside in the same county as in 2011-2012
Anyone living in Jefferson, Madison or Rensselaer County may apply for a regular HEAP grant online.
When the HEAP application acceptance period is open, the HEAP application is available to download and print. Follow these instructions to download and print and submit an application:
- Open and print the HEAP Application with included instructions
- Read instructions on page 7
- Complete the fields using blue or black ink
- Sign your name on page 5
- Submit to the HEAP certifier in your county
Before submitting your application to a local county HEAP certifier, we recommend you read the following documents:
Questions regarding the HEAP program should be directed to your HEAP Local District Contact or the NYS HEAP Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.