OTDA Home Programs & Services Bureau of Housing and Support Services (BHSS) BHSS Programs & Services
BHSS Programs & Services
- Capital Program Unit (CPU)
- The Capital Program Unit (CPU) administers the Homeless Housing and Assistance Program (HHAP), which provides capital grants and loans to not-for-profit corporations, charitable and religious organizations, municipalities and public corporations to acquire, construct or rehabilitate housing for persons who are homeless and are unable to secure adequate housing without special assistance. CPU also administers special purpose appropriations for capital development, such as the Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) initiative.
- Homeless Housing and Assistance Corporation (HHAC)
- The New York State Homeless Housing and Assistance Corporation (HHAC) is a public benefit corporation formed in 1990 for the purposes of administering the Homeless Housing and Assistance Program.
- Services Program Unit (SPU)
- The Services Program Unit (SPU) administers several programs to address homelessness and to alleviate at-risk causes for households threatened with housing loss. Together with our partners, municipalities and not-for-profit agencies, the programs provide essential services to stabilize housing and increase levels of self-sufficiency.