Local Interagency VESID Employment Services (LIVES) 2005-2006
Appropriation Level: $1,500,000
The purpose of the LIVES is to address the employment related needs of individuals with physical and/or mental health issues by:
- obtaining the documentation and other information needed to establish a LIVES participant’s eligibility for VESID services;
- identifying the personal, family and disability issues that must be addressed in order for Family Assistance recipients and other low-income family members with physical and/or mental impairments to successfully participate in employment or employment related activities;
- developing the steps these individuals need to take to overcome these barriers;
- connecting LIVES participants in a timely manner with the required programs and activities that are countable towards the federal participation rate; and
- ensuring that program partners are provided with thorough and appropriate information in a timely fashion.
A combination of performance based and cost based reimbursement is being used to support the selected projects. At least 75% of the award is earned as participants meet 3 specific outcomes:
- Completion of an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE)
- Monthly participation in a countable TANF activity.
|Program||Funding||State Fiscal Year||Cycle|
|LIVES Program||$1,500,000||SFY 2005-06||5/1/06-4/30/07|
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.