Wheels for Work (Wheels) 2007-2008
Appropriation Level: $4,000,000
Wheels for Work programs are designed to assist TANF eligible individuals with obtaining personal vehicles that are necessary for transportation to and from employment or other allowable work activities. Through Wheels for Work, the following services are offered:
- affordable automobile loans;
- car donation programs supported by the surrounding community;
- car repair assistance;
- car insurance and assistance with license and registration fees;
- driver’s training and defensive driving;
- financial counseling;
- basic car care maintenance classes; and
- child safety seats.
|Program||Funding||State Fiscal Year||Cycle|
|Wheels for Work II||$800,000||SFY 2007-08||9/1/07-8/31/08|
|Wheels for Work III||$3,200,000||SFY 2007-08||3/1/08-2/28/10|
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.