Educational Resources 2008-2009
Appropriation Level: $2,000,000
Combines three separate State administered programs into a single adult education initiative focusing on addressing educational needs of the TANF eligible population. Programs include Adult Literacy which is aimed at improving a participant’s educational level, English as a Second Language, Job Skills Training Workplace Literacy, with a focus on basic literacy and technical skills needed for job retention and career advancement, and Family Literacy, which strives to enhance the educational opportunities of all family members. Providers are reimbursed as participants:
- Develop a Career Plan and complete 60 instructional hours;
- Participates in activities that count towards the federal rate (FA recipients only);
- Advance in Adult Basic Education (ABE), Adult Secondary Education (ASE) or English as a Second Language (ESL) NRS functioning level as determined by pre and post-testing;
- Obtain a high school equivalency diploma or a secondary school diploma through an External Diploma Program;
- Obtain a Job Skills certificate;
- Begin working and retain the job for 30 days and 90 days.
The un-obligated and unspent portions of the SFY 05-06, SFY 06-07, SFY 07-08 and SFY 08-09 Educational Resources (ELI/FAWL/LTP) appropriations support $8 million in contracts 1/1/09-12/31/10. A link to this matrix is below.
|Program||Funding||State Fiscal Year||Cycle|
|Education Resources||$2,000,000||SFY 2008-09||1/1/09-6/30/14|
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.