Homeless Housing and Assistance Program RFP
- Issue Date:
- 5/1/15, updated 1/18/17
The Homeless Housing and Assistance Corporation (HHAC) and the New York State (NYS) Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) invite applicants to apply for funding under the Homeless Housing and Assistance Program (HHAP).
The Homeless Housing and Assistance Program, enacted by Chapter 61 of the Laws of 1983 and set out in Sections 41 through 44 of the Social Services Law, authorizes a program of State-funded grants or loans to acquire, construct or rehabilitate housing to expand the supply of housing for low income persons who are, or would otherwise be, homeless. A homeless person is defined as an undomiciled person (whether alone or as a member of a family) who is unable to secure permanent and stable housing without special assistance, as determined by the Commissioner of OTDA. Not-for-profit corporations and their subsidiaries, charitable organizations, municipalities and public corporations are eligible to be funded.
The State Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 included an appropriation of $63.5 million, of which $5 million may be reserved for the development of projects serving homeless persons with HIV/AIDS. HHAC may also make available additional funding under the HHAP RFP through the Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) initiative. The amount of MRT funding available, if any, will be announced when the MRT allocations are finalized. Additional information regarding the HHAP/MRT initiative may be found on the OTDA website.
This RFP is an open-ended RFP, meaning proposals will be accepted for consideration on a continuous basis until it is determined funds are no longer available for award or this methodology no longer serves a purpose for HHAC. Funding will be made available and awards announced subject to an appropriation and the approval of the Commissioner of OTDA and the Homeless Housing and Assistance Corporation’s Board of Directors.
- 2015 HHAP RFP
- 2015 HHAP RFP (DOC)
- 2015 HHAP Application
- 2015 HHAP Application (DOC)
- Application Appendix A
- Application Appendix A (DOC)
- Application Appendix B
- Application Appendix B (DOC)
- 2015 HHAP Budgets
- 2015 HHAP Concept Paper Guidelines
- 2015 HHAP Regulations
- 2015 HHAP Sample Award Agreement
- 2015 HHAP Supplementary General Conditions
- 2015 HHAP Supplementary General Conditions (DOC)
- 2015 HHAP Rider A
- 2015 HHAP Rider A (DOC)
- 2015 HHAP Architect’s Rider A
- 2015 HHAP Architect’s Rider A (DOC)
- 2015 HHAP Architect’s Rider B
- 2015 HHAP Architect’s Rider B (DOC)
- HHAP Presentation 2015
- HHAP Questions and Answers 2015 Revised 8/13/2015
- OTDA-4934-1 Equal Employment Opportunity Staffing Plan
- OTDA-4934-1 Equal Employment Opportunity Staffing Plan (DOC)
- OTDA-4937 MWBE Subcontractor Utilization Plan
- OTDA-4937 MWBE Subcontractor Utilization Plan (DOC)
- OTDA-4938 MWBE Letter of Intent to Participate
- OTDA-4938 MWBE Letter of Intent to Participate (DOC)
- OTDA-4969 MWBE Subcontractor Request for Waiver
- OTDA-4969 MWBE Subcontractor Request for Waiver (DOC)
- OTDA-4970 MWBE-EEO Policy Statement
- OTDA-4970 MWBE-EEO Policy Statement (DOC)
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.
This page contains links to Excel documents. Download Excel Viewer to view these documents.