Information for Asylees
Have you recently been granted asylum?
The NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance through its contracted providers offer free services to asylees across New York State.
Visit a provider in your area that can assist you with:
- Finding employment
- Free health screening and immunizations
- Accessing other support services
Do you need immigration assistance?
The NYS Office for New Americans (ONA) provides free and confidential services to all immigrants in New York State including:
- Naturalization support and civics test preparation
- Free legal services and direct representation
- Informational community workshops and seminars
- Mobile English Language Learning
To access any of the immigration assistance services, call the confidential, multi-lingual New York State New Americans Hotline at: 1-800-566-7636 (9am – 8pm, Monday-Friday)
To locate your nearest ONA provider and find out about free workshops & seminars visit: newamericans.ny.gov
View and print the asylee and immigration services palm card.
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.