Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Cooling Assistance
- The HEAP Cooling Assistance Component provides for cooling assistance services to HEAP eligible households that include an individual with a documented medical condition that is exacerbated by extreme heat. Because the amount of funding is very limited, cooling assistance services will be provided on a first come, first served basis. The HEAP Cooling Assistance Component will close June 26, 2014.
- Regular Benefit
- Regular HEAP Benefits assist households that pay a high proportion of household income for energy. The Regular Benefit Component is currently closed.
- Emergency Benefit
- The HEAP Emergency Benefit Component assists qualifying low-income New Yorkers who are facing a heat or heat related energy emergency and do not have resources above the established limits. The Emergency Benefit Component is currently closed. If you have an emergency, contact your local department of social services office.
- Heating Equipment Repair or Replacement
- The HEAP Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement Component is available to help eligible low-income homeowners repair or replace primary heating equipment necessary to keep the home's primary heating source functional. The HEAP Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement Benefit Component is currently closed.
- Income Guidelines
- 2013-2014 HEAP Gross Monthly Income Guidelines
- Apply for HEAP
- Information on how to apply for HEAP, online or by mail.
Questions regarding the HEAP program should be directed to your Local Department of Social Services Office or the NYS HEAP Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.
Want to see if you may be eligible? Complete a HEAP pre-screening on www.mybenefits.ny.gov.
HEAP Related Links
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.