Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- HEAP State Plan 2013-2014 Amendment
- Filed with the Health and Human Services on March 5, 2014.
HEAP is a federally funded program that assists low-income New Yorkers with the cost of heating their homes. HEAP also offers an emergency benefit for households in a heat or heat related energy emergency.
- Regular Benefit
- Regular HEAP benefits assist households that pay a high proportion of household income for energy. The Regular Benefit of the 2013-14 HEAP season opened November 18, 2013 and will close on March 14, 2014.
- Emergency Benefit
- The HEAP emergency benefit component assists qualifying low-income New Yorkers who are facing a heat or heat related energy emergency and do not have resources above the established limits. The Emergency benefit component of the 2013-14 HEAP season opened January 2, 2014 and will close on March 17, 2014. If you have an emergency, contact local department of social services office.
- Heating Equipment Repair or Replacement
- The HEAP heating equipment repair and replacement component is available to help eligible low-income homeowners repair or replace primary heating equipment necessary to keep the home's primary heating source functional. The HEAP heating equipment repair and replacement benefit component of the 2013-14 HEAP season opened November 12, 2013 and closed Friday, January 31, 2014.
- Income Guidelines
- 2013-2014 HEAP Gross Monthly Income Guidelines
- Apply for HEAP
- Information on how to apply for HEAP, online or by mail.
Questions regarding the HEAP program should be directed to your Local Department of Social Services Office or the NYS HEAP Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.
Want to see if you may be eligible? Complete a HEAP pre-screening on www.mybenefits.ny.gov.
HEAP Related Links
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.