Make Healthy Eating Part of Your Lifestyle
Healthy eating and physical activity work hand in hand to help us live healthier lives. Learn about food that should be eaten regularly and those that should be eaten only occasionally while balancing calories. Build physical activity into your daily routine by walking. Many families are concerned about the rising cost of food. The good news is that eating healthy does not need to be expensive. Good planning can save you money at the store. Find out more about how you can stretch your food dollars with budgeting, food selection, and low-cost recipes.
Tools for Healthier Lifestyles
- ChooseMyPlate.gov – Tools to help develop a healthier lifestyle for yourself and your family.
- Recipe Box - USDA’s Food and Nutrition Service’s Recipe Box, a collection of quick, delicious, cost-effective recipes for every type of cook.
- Enjoy Your Food but Eat Less - Use these 10 helpful tips to Make Healthy Eating Part of Your Lifestyle. USDA recommends that you make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make Small Lifestyle Changes - See how making small changes in your lifestyle can make a large difference!
- Tips for Using the Nutrition Facts Label - Use these tips for making smart food choices by reading the Nutrition Facts Label.