The Division of Shelter Oversight & Compliance has issued guidance documents to local Social Services Districts in the form of Administrative Directives (ADMs) and General Information System (GIS) messages to inform them of regulatory safety and security policies and other requirements for program operations in homeless shelters. These directives are listed below according to document number and subject.
Administrative Directives (ADMs)
- 17-ADM-06 Mandatory Child Abuse and Maltreatment Reporting, Statewide Central Register and State Exclusion List Clearance, and Criminal History Background Check for Employees of Publicly-Funded Emergency Shelters for Families with Children
- 16-ADM-11 Consolidation and Clarification of Policy for Use of Service Plans/ Bi-weekly Independent Living Plans with Families & Individuals Residing in Temporary Shelters
General Information System (GIS) Messages
- 09/22/17 - 17TA/DC036 Further Guidance on the Inspections of Commercial Hotels/Motels
- 04/07/17 - 17TA/DC012 Operations Plans 18 NYC RR Part 352.39
- 12/13/16 – 16 TA/DC061 – Security Measures
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.