P-EBT Food Benefits for the 2020-21 School Year
New York State is providing Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) food benefits to all households with children who receive free school lunch under the National School Lunch Act and whose school was closed or operating with reduced in-school attendance due to COVID-19 during the 2020-2021 academic year.
We estimate the food benefit distribution will commence no earlier than the end of April and continue for several months, due to the large number of eligible children and schools participating in the National School Lunch Program across the state. Information about New York State's distribution of P-EBT food benefits will be posted will be posted to our website once it is available.
SNAP COVID-19 Information
Information on Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) food benefits and Supplemental Emergency Allotment (EA) of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits for eligible households.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Food Benefits
Answers to many commonly asked questions about the P-EBT food benefits for New York State residents.
Group 2/Children Enrolled in Medicaid
- P-EBT Food Benefits Letter to Parents of Eligible Children Who are Enrolled in Medicaid
- Activating or Replacing a NYS Medicaid Card to Access Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) Food Benefits
- Activating a NYS Medicaid Card for P-EBT Food Benefits video
Group 3/All Other Eligible Children
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Emergency Allotment of SNAP Benefits
Answers to many commonly asked questions about the Supplemental Emergency Allotment of SNAP Benefits.
- College Student Expanded SNAP Rules
Congress passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, which temporarily expands SNAP eligibility for students of higher education.
- Notice to All Recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) will automatically issue an Emergency supplemental SNAP benefit to households not already receiving the maximum benefit.