OTDA Home About OTDA
The Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) is responsible for supervising programs that provide assistance and support to eligible families and individuals.
OTDA’s functions include: Providing temporary cash assistance; providing assistance in paying for food; providing heating assistance; overseeing New York State’s child support enforcement program; determining certain aspects of eligibility for Social Security Disability benefits; supervising homeless housing and services programs; and providing assistance to certain immigrant populations.
- OTDA Mission
- Commissioner’s Biography
- Overview of Organization
- Executive Office - Samuel D. Roberts, Commissioner
- Executive Deputy Commissioner’s Office - Barbara C. Guinn, Executive Deputy Commissioner
- Division of Integrated Family Assistance
- Division of Administrative Services - Eric Schwenzfeier, Deputy Commissioner
- Division of Shelter Oversight and Compliance - Cheryl Contento, Deputy Commissioner
- Office of Administrative Hearings - Roy Esnard, Deputy Commissioner
- News & Public Information - OTDA in the News and Public Information
- Job Opportunities - Employment Opportunities at OTDA
- Contact OTDA - Information about where OTDA offices are located and how to contact us
- Language Assistance Services - Information on free language assistance services