P-EBT Food Benefits Letter to Parent of Eligible Children Who Are Receiving P-EBT Food Benefits Cards
IMPORTANT: Your family is receiving this Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) 2020 Card to access your child’s P-EBT food benefits. Please keep this card for any future benefits your child may receive.
Why is my child getting these benefits?
The child whose name is on this P-EBT 2020 Card is automatically eligible for and automatically receiving these benefits because they received free lunches at school. The benefits are to be used to buy food to make up for free meals that they would have received at school, if schools had not closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To use your child’s P-EBT 2020 Card you must select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) over the phone by calling 1-888-328-6399 and following these steps:
- Choose a language
- Enter the 19-digit number on the front of the P-EBT 2020 card
- Press 1 to create your PIN
- You will be asked for the last 4 digits of the cardholder’s Social Security Number (SSN). Do NOT enter the child’s SSN. Enter the month and day (MM/DD) of the child’s BIRTHDAY. For example, if the child’s birthday is July 4, enter 0704
- Enter your zip code
- Enter your new 4-digit PIN
How much will my family get?
$420 is the maximum amount of P-EBT food benefits that one child could receive for the entire March through June period. If the child was not eligible for free school lunches for all four months, they may receive less.
What do I need to know about using my child’s P-EBT food benefits?
- You may create an account to check your child’s P-EBT food benefits balance by visiting www.connectebt.com. You can also check your P-EBT food benefits balance by calling Customer Service at 1-888-328-6399.
- You may use your temporary P-EBT food benefits to purchase allowable food items from authorized retail stores. A detailed list of food items that may be purchased can be found at http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items/.
- There are no fees for using your P-EBT food benefits, and you may use the card as many times as you need to until all the benefits have been spent.
- P-EBT food benefits will remain available on the P-EBT 2020 Card for up to one year from the date they are issued.
What if I do not want or need the P-EBT food benefits?
P-EBT food benefits cannot be donated or transferred. If you do not want to use these benefits to buy food, dispose of the P-EBT 2020 card by cutting through the magnetic stripe on the card or shredding the card and discarding it in a secure manner.
For more information about your P-EBT food benefits, call 1-833-452-0096 or submit your questions to: P-EBT Contact Form
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.