Creating a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for a P-EBT 2020 Food Benefit Card
Before you can access your child’s P-EBT food benefits with the P-EBT food benefit card that was mailed to your home, you must first call the EBT customer service hotline to select a personal identification number – or PIN.
- Using a touch-tone phone, dial 1-888-328-6399.
- When prompted, select your preferred language from those offered – for example, press ‘1’ for English.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter the 19-digit number from the front of the card using your phone’s keypad.
- After entering the card number, you will hear a series of options. If you have not used the card before to access EBT benefits, like SNAP or cash assistance, press ‘1’ to create your PIN.
You will be asked to provide information about the cardholder. The cardholder is the child whose name is printed on the front of the P-EBT 2020 food benefit card.
IMPORTANT: First, you will be asked to enter the last four digits of the cardholder’s Social Security Number. Do NOT enter the last four digits of the child’s Social Security Number.
Instead you must enter the four-digits representing the month and day (MM/DD) of the child’s birth. For example, if the child’s birthday is July 4, enter 0704. *Be sure to enter the child’s actual birthday and not the fake birthday printed on the front of the card.
- After entering the child’s birthday, you’ll be asked to enter your zip code.
- Finally, you will be asked to select your new 4-digit PIN. Enter a 4-digit number using your phone’s keypad. Memorize this number. Like when using a debit card, you’ll be asked to enter it whenever you make a purchase using your P-EBT 2020 food benefit card.
You’re now ready to use your P-EBT food benefits to purchase food at any participating food store! Most food stores accept EBT payments. Just look for the ‘Quest’ logo or ask at the store before shopping.
You can check your account balance at any time by calling 1-888-328-6399, by visiting http://www.connectebt.com/ , or by having the cashier check your balance at the register at any participating food store.
For a detailed walkthrough of these instructions view the Activating a P-EBT 2020 Food Benefit Card video.
Last updated: August 25, 2020, 4:30 PM
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.