Creating a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for a P-EBT Food Benefit Card
In order to use your child’s P-EBT Food Benefit card, you must first call the EBT customer service hotline to select a Personal Identification Number – or PIN.
- Using a touch-tone phone, dial 1-888-328-6399.
- When prompted, select your preferred language– for example, press ‘1’ for English.
- Next, enter the 19-digit number from the front of the card using your phone’s keypad.
- After entering the card number, you will hear a series of options. If you have not used the card before to access P-EBT food benefits, press ‘1’ to create your PIN.
You will be asked to provide the last four digits of the cardholder’s Social Security Number. (The cardholder is the child whose name is printed on the front of the P-EBT Food Benefit card.)
Do NOT enter the last four digits of the child’s Social Security Number. Instead you must enter the two-digit month and two-digit day of the child’s birthday (MM/DD). For example, if the child’s birthday is July 4, enter 0704. *Be sure to enter the child’s actual birthday and not the fake birthday printed on the front of the card.
- After entering the child’s birthday information, you’ll be asked to enter your zip code.
- Finally, select your new 4-digit PIN by entering a 4-digit number using your phone’s keypad. You will be required to enter this PIN whenever you make a purchase using your P-EBT Food Benefit card.
You can also watch the video Activating a P-EBT Food Benefit card at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvWV-FvyA5Y.
You’re now ready to use your P-EBT food benefits to purchase food at any participating food store! Most food stores accept EBT payments. Just look for the ‘Quest’ logo or ask at the store before shopping. You can check your account balance at any time by calling 1-888-328-6399, by visiting http://www.connectebt.com/, or by having the cashier check your balance at the register at any participating food store. Please note that P-EBT food benefits will remain available and accessible on your P-EBT Food Benefit card for at least 274 days from the date they were issued.
To Order a Replacement P-EBT Food Benefit Card:
Important: Replacement P-EBT Food Benefit cards should only be requested when the previously issued card has been lost, stolen or damaged. Food benefits will be issued as monthly in-person school attendance information provided by schools and school districts is reviewed and processed. Ordering a replacement card will not result in receiving your child(ren)’s P-EBT food benefits faster and, in some cases, may delay access to your child(ren)’s benefits
You can order a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card by calling 1-888-328-6399. Please be prepared to provide security information, including the 19-digit card number that was printed on the front of the P-EBT Food Benefit card you are replacing.
- If you do not have that number, you will be asked for the cardholder’s Social Security Number; however, when ordering a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card (and only when ordering a P-EBT Food Benefit card), you must enter 999-99 and then the 2-digit month and 2-digit day (MM/DD) of the cardholder’s birthday.
- For example, if your child’s date of birth is July 4, you would enter 999-99-0704 when asked for his/her social security number.
- You will then be asked to verify the cardholder’s 8-digit birthday (MM/DD/YYYY) and to enter the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) you selected for the P-EBT food benefit card that you are replacing. If you did not previously create a PIN, you will still be able to order a replacement card by following the prompts.
For more information about P-EBT food benefits visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Last updated: July 15, 2021, 10:30AM
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.