Important Information Regarding the Emergency Rental Assistance Program

The Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) will be administering an Emergency Rental Assistance Program to provide eligible households in New York State with a one-time rental subsidy that will be sent directly to the household’s landlord. OTDA is developing an online application portal for tenants and landlords to apply for this program and will be releasing additional information regarding eligibility criteria and the application process soon.

Last updated: February 19, 2021, 10:30 AM

SNAP COVID-19 Information

OTDA Home Programs & Services SNAP SNAP COVID-19 Information P-EBT Food Benefits Letter to Parents of Eligible Children Who are Enrolled in Medicaid

P-EBT Food Benefits Letter to Parents of Eligible Children Who are Enrolled in Medicaid

Important: Your family will receive temporary P-EBT food benefits to help with the cost of your child’s daytime meals.


Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting school closures, your child or children will receive P-EBT food benefits to help cover the cost of free meals they otherwise would eat at school.

You do not have to apply for these benefits. You have a child or children in your household who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch at their school. Because they are not in school right now, you automatically will receive P-EBT food benefits to help buy food for them.

What Happens Next?

Because people in your household receive Medicaid, the P-EBT food benefits for any eligible children in your household will be issued either to your Medicaid Common Benefit Identification Card (CBIC) or, if you do not have one, to the CBIC of the oldest child in your household who receives Medicaid and free or reduced-price school lunches.

To access your P-EBT food Benefits you will need to select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) over the phone by calling the following toll-free number: 1-888-328-6399. Please be prepared to provide the security information required to complete this process.

If you do not have the CBIC you used for Medicaid, please call the 1-833-452-0096 to request a replacement.

How much will my family get?

The maximum monthly amounts you may receive for each eligible child in your household are:

  • March $68.00
  • April $125.00
  • May $119.00
  • June $108.00

So, $420 is the maximum amount of P-EBT food benefits that one child could receive for the entire March through June period.

What do I need to know about using my child/children’s P-EBT food benefits?

  • You may create an account to check your family’s P-EBT food benefits balance by visiting Once you create an account, you can also check your P-EBT food benefits balance by calling 1-888-328-6399.
  • You may use your P-EBT food benefits to purchase allowable food items from authorized retail stores. A detailed list of food items that may be purchased with the benefits can be found at
  • There are no fees for using your P-EBT benefits, and there is no limit to the number of times you can use your card to spend your P-EBT food benefits.
  • P-EBT food benefits will remain available and accessible on your Medicaid CBIC for up to one year from the date they are issued.


For more information about your P-EBT food benefits, submit your questions to: P-EBT Contact Form

Print the P-EBT Food Benefits Letter to Parents of Eligible Children Who are Enrolled in Medicaid.

Imprima la carta de los subsidios de alimentos P-EBT enviada a los padres de niños aptos que están inscritos en el Medicaid.

This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.

Back to Top