Accessing P-EBT Food Benefits for the 2020-2021 School Year on a NYS Medicaid Card
Eligible children who are currently enrolled in Medicaid and who successfully accessed their P-EBT food benefits for the 2019-20 school year on a NYS Medicaid card will receive their P-EBT food benefits for the 2020-21 school year on the same card.
The NYS Medicaid card looks like this:
To access your P-EBT food benefits using your NYS Medicaid card, you must use the Personal Identification Number (PIN) you created to access your child’s P-EBT food benefits for the 2019-20 school year. If you do not remember your PIN, you can select a new by completing the following instructions:
Using a touch-tone phone, dial 1-888-328-6399.
- When prompted, select your preferred language from those offered – for example, press ‘1’ for English.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter the 19-digit number from the front of the card using your phone’s keypad.
- After entering the card number, you will hear a series of options. Press ‘1’ to create your PIN or if you have forgotten your previously selected PIN, ignore the prompt to enter your PIN number and press ‘2’ to create a new PIN.
- You will be asked to enter the last four digits of the cardholder’s Social Security Number. The Cardholder is the person whose name is on the front of the card. Be sure to enter only the last 4 digits of that person’s Social Security Number.
- After entering the cardholder’s Social Security Number, you’ll be asked to enter your zip code.
- Finally, you will be asked to select your new 4-digit PIN. Enter a 4-digit number using your phone’s keypad. Memorize this number. Like when using a debit card, you’ll be asked to enter it whenever you make a purchase using your P-EBT food benefits with your NYS Medicaid card.
For a detailed walkthrough of these instructions view the Activating a NYS Medicaid Card for P-EBT Food Benefits video at https://youtu.be/EwwFPUDLX8o.
You can check your account balance at any time by calling 1-888-328-6399, by visiting http://www.connectebt.com/, or by having the cashier check your balance at the register at any participating food store.
To Order a Replacement NYS Medicaid Card:
If the cardholder receives Medicaid through your local department of social services, you can order a replacement NYS Medicaid card by calling 1-888-328-6399. Please be prepared to provide security information, including the cardholder’s date of birth and social security number.
If the cardholder receives Medicaid through the New York State of Health: Health Plan Marketplace, you can re-order a replacement NYS Medicaid card by calling 1-855-355-5777.Please be prepared to provide security information, including the account holder’s name, social security number, account number or health care exchange identification number.
Please note that P-EBT food benefits will remain available and accessible on your NYS Medicaid card for at least 274 days from the date they were issued. Once you have set up a PIN to access your P-EBT food benefits, you can check your family’s P-EBT food benefits balance by visiting www.connectebt.com or by calling 1-888-328-6399.
For more information about P-EBT food benefits visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Last updated: May 12, 2021, 11:50 AM
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.