OTDA Home Programs & Services SNAP SNAP COVID-19 Information
Important Update: P-EBT Food Benefits
New York State continues to distribute Pandemic EBT food benefits to all households with eligible children who receive free school lunch under the National School Lunch Act. Here are important updates to the distribution as of Monday, May 29, 2023:
- OTDA has begun to issue P-EBT food benefits for the 2021-22 school year and Summer 2022. Many eligible children will receive benefits automatically over the next 3-4 weeks.
- For families who need to apply for P-EBT food benefits, an online application will be available on May 15, 2023.
- Benefits will continue to be issued until September 30, 2023.
- You can check your family's P-EBT food benefit transaction history by visiting www.connectebt.com or by calling 1-888-328-6399.
- All 2020-21 P-EBT food benefits have been issued to all eligible children.
SNAP COVID-19 Information
Information on Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) food benefits for eligible households.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Food Benefits
Answers to many commonly asked questions about the P-EBT food benefits for New York State residents.
- Update to College Student Expanded SNAP Rules
The temporary SNAP eligibility exemptions for students enrolled in an institution of higher education are ending due to the expiration of the federal public health emergency on May 11th, 2023.