Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)

OTDA Home Programs & Services Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Information for Schools and Providers Ordering a Replacement Summer EBT Food Benefits Cardd

Ordering a Replacement Summer EBT Food Benefits Card

Replacement Summer EBT food benefits cards should only be requested when you no longer have the EBT card that your Summer EBT food benefits were issued to. Ordering a replacement card will not result in receiving your child's Summer EBT food benefits faster and, in some cases, may delay access to your child's benefits.

Remember: P-EBT/Summer EBT food benefits cards are issued in the name of the child (not the parent).

Call the EBT customer service call center at 1-888-328-6399 to order a replacement Summer EBT Food Benefit card and follow these steps:

  • Choose a language.
  • You will be asked for the 19-digit card number that was printed on the front of the EBT food benefits card you are replacing.
  • If you do not have that number, press 1 to enter different security information to verify identity.
    • When asked for the cardholder's Social Security number, do NOT enter your child's Social Security number. You must enter 999-99- and then the first 4 digits (the 2-digit month and 2-digit day-MM/DD)—of your child's BIRTHDAY, to complete the 9-digit entry.
    • For example, if your child's date of birth is July 4, you would enter “999-99-0704” when asked for the child's Social Security number.
    • You will then be asked to enter the child's full 8-digit birthday (MM/DD/YYYY).
  • Then, enter the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) you selected for the P-EBT Food Benefit card that you are replacing. If you did not previously create a PIN, or if you do not remember it, you can fill out a replacement card form at Address Change/Replacement Card Request Form, or call 1-833-452-0096.
  • You will then be asked to verify your address. Please listen closely to the Street Number portion of the address that the card will be mailed to. If this is part of your current address, then you can request the replacement card.
  • If this is NOT your current address, hang up and go to Address Change/Replacement Card Request Form to provide your updated address and child's information. We will verify your information and, if everything looks OK, the replacement card will be issued automatically. Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive your new card. Do not submit more than one address update form. Using the online form is the fastest and easiest way to update your address.

Remember: Benefits expire 122 days after the date they are issued. Be sure to use your benefits soon after you receive them.

Back to Top