Important Update: P-EBT Food Benefits
New York State continues to distribute Pandemic EBT food benefits to all households with eligible children who receive free school lunch under the National School Lunch Act. Here are important updates to the distribution as of Sunday, December 3, 2023:
- OTDA continues to issue P-EBT food benefits for the 2021-22 school year, Summer 2022, and Summer 2023.
- The online application for 2021-22 school year P-EBT food benefits has closed. As of October 1, 2023, applications are no longer being accepted.
- OTDA continues to review and process applications submitted on or prior to September 30, 2023.
- Please note, P-EBT food benefits will not be issued to school-age children for the 2022-23 school year.
- Most P-EBT food benefits will be issued by December 30, 2023.
- You can check your family's P-EBT food benefit transaction history by visiting www.connectebt.com or by calling 1-888-328-6399.
SNAP COVID-19 Information
Information on Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) food benefits for eligible households.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Food Benefits
Answers to many commonly asked questions about the P-EBT food benefits for New York State residents.
- Update to College Student Expanded SNAP Rules
The temporary SNAP eligibility exemptions for students enrolled in an institution of higher education are ending due to the expiration of the federal public health emergency on May 11th, 2023.