OTDA Home Resources for Working Families Job Search Assistance
Job Search Assistance
- New York State Career Centers
- The New York State Department of Labor provides services through a network of local centers and affiliate sites to help you find your next job or training for another job.
- Green Careers NY
- Find information on green jobs and careers. Included is a collection of green job listings and job boards, and tips for finding employment in green industries.
- A resource for youth to explore careers related to their strengths, skills and talents. Click on any of six major categories, and scroll to the bottom to find a list of occupations in that category. There is also information about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) careers.
- A free, one-stop online job search and career planning resource that helps adults make informed career decisions. JobZone provides information on 900 occupations, matched with the latest labor market information from the NYS Department of Labor.
- Jobs Express
- Search current job openings by region, and connect with the NY Job Bank.
- Employment and Advancement Services
- OTDA oversees employment programs offered through your local department of social services. Employment and training services are provided to Temporary Assistance (TA) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) applicants and recipients to support participation in work activities that have been approved and assigned by the local department of social services.