Food and Nutrition Programs
Information on nutrition programs that can help you feed your family healthy meals such as, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), School Breakfast and Lunch Programs, Summer Food Service Program, Women, Infants and Child program, Farmers' Markets Nutrition Program, and Food Banks in New York State.
- An online tool for New York State residents where they can check eligibility for multiple human services benefit programs and apply online for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- SNAP issues monthly benefits redeemable at authorized retail food stores.
- SNAP-Ed is a free nutrition education program available to all Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants and those eligible to receive SNAP.
- School Breakfast and Lunch Programs
- Free or reduced-priced meals served in school cafeterias.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- A special supplemental food program that provides nutritious foods, milk, juice, formula and other items to low-income pregnant or breastfeeding women, as well as infants and children up to age 5.
- Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
- Provides checks to women, infants and children through the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC) and to Seniors in the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) for the purchase of locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables. The fresh fruits and vegetables can be purchased with checks at farmers' markets during the summer and fall. The program officially runs from July to November 15.
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a nutrition education and meal reimbursement program helping providers serve nutritious and safely prepared meals and snacks to children and adults in day care settings.
- Get Food Help
- The Nutrition Outreach and Education Program offers free and confidential services to connect hungry New Yorkers with nutrition assistance programs.
- Find Your Regional Food Bank
- Locate your regional food bank that distributes food to your local county Emergency Food Relief Organizations.