Educational Resources 2006-2007
Appropriation Level: $4,000,000
Combines three separate State administered programs into a single adult education initiative focusing on improved literacy as a first step towards the acquisition of job-related skills and employment. Programs include Adult Literacy which is aimed at improving a participant’s educational level, Workplace Literacy, with a focus on basic literacy and technical skills needed for job retention and career advancement, and Family Literacy, which strives to enhance the educational opportunities of all family members. Providers are reimbursed as participants:
- Develop a Career Plan and complete 60 instructional hours;
- Advance in Adult Basic Education (ABE), Adult Secondary Education (ASE) or English as a Second Language (ESL) NRS functioning level as determined by pre and post-testing;
- Obtain a high school equivalency diploma or a secondary school diploma through an External Diploma Program;
- Begin working and retain the job for 30 days and 90 days;
- Increase parenting skills as measured by the Parenting Educational Profile Scales;
- Improve a child’s language and reading skills as measured by the Preschool Language Scale or report cards.
$1,094,460 of the SFY 06-07 Educational Resources funds were used to extend the EDGE 12 contracts from 7/1/08-12/31/08. A link to this matrix is below.
The $2,905,540 balance of this appropriation is being used for the Educational resources contracts running 1/1/09-12/31/10. A link to this matrix is also below.
|Program||Funding||State Fiscal Year||Cycle|
|Education Resources (ELI, Family and Workplace Literacy, Literacy Training)||$2,905,540||SFY 2006-07||1/1/09-6/30/14|
|EDGE (funded by ER)||$1,094,460||SFY 2006-07||7/1/08-12/31/08|
This page contains links to PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader to view these documents.